Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sherman Set the Wayback to 1948

The video below is an example of a cartoon that was made in a time when freedom was more than just a word. Back then Freedom was something to be cherished and defended, something virtually every American was ready to fight and die to keep.

It tears at my heart when I see how many people today are willing to so quickly and thoughtlessly trade away their freedom for some lofty promise that the government will provide them with something they feel the cannot, or are unwilling to, get for themselves.

I know that when I was growing up, I was taught by my parents that my Father GOD in Heaven would provide for all my needs (Philippians 4:19), not my Uncle Sam in Washington. I still believe that, and have seen it proven to be true time and time again.

I was also taught that I could have or achieve anything, as long as I was willing to put in the necessary effort to earn it

We need to teach these truths not only to our children, but apparently also to our friends, our co-workers, and anyone else that GOD chooses to bring into our sphere of influence. That may well be the single most important thing that we can do right now. And it might prove to be the only thing that we can do to keep the ignorant and the lazy from trading away; that which so many Americans, from the founding of this great nation, to this very day, have fought and died to secure and preserve. Our Freedom!

Make Mine Freedom 1948


* Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean. If all you can do is call names or threaten retribution, It will be assumed by most readers that you are admitting that you have nothing intelligent or worth while to add to the conversation, and therefore are not worthy of paying attention too.