Monday, September 21, 2009

Thank You Brave Americans

The following is a poem that was written by one of my brothers.
I had to share it with you.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Thank You Brave Americans

I write this now with honor and pride
And salute the one that fight for our side
Without even question you put life on hold
With all that you do you make America bold
Its people like you that make us who we are
A country that rings freedom at home and afar
Since the first foot was put on these wonderful lands
From the white snowy mountains to the soft sugar sands
People who fought some wounded some died
With each fallen soldier America cried
I thank our dear Lord for your unselfish giving
You give of yourself so we can keep living
I know there are some who don’t think as I do
That the freedom we have was given by you
I pray and ask God to take your brave hand
As you fight for our freedom, liberty and land
So thank you dear soldier may God bless you too
For protecting our country and the red white and blue

Written by: Charles Boerema

For the soldiers who give everything so we can be free
May God bless and protect everyone of them!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Thanks Chuck, for writing this, and for letting me post it here.













2 comments:

  1. Nice pike. Used to catch 'em when I lived out west as a wee little fellow. Including one about three times that one's size. Out east, however, there's pretty much just little bitty brook trout, unless one wants to get hardcore and go out of one's way for the world-famous, can-fight-all-day Atlantic Salmon, as some of your presidents have done right here in New Brunswick...

    Cool blog you've got started here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fisherman myself, I'm more of a tech guy. The pic is of my brother Chuck who wrote the poem.

    Thanks for checking out and commenting on my blog

    Enjoy the day

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean. If all you can do is call names or threaten retribution, It will be assumed by most readers that you are admitting that you have nothing intelligent or worth while to add to the conversation, and therefore are not worthy of paying attention too.